Oh hello, I didn't see you there. Welcome to the world of 125 Borden St. in the heart of the Annex, home of the world's first Squong championship. Our cheif exports include questionable living standards, flashless pictures of house parties, and Andrew's (We used to have two...)

Saturday, August 02, 2008

After the Move...


I'd like to say its done and done for moving between August 1st and 2nd, but this was largely just Phases I and II complete. I'd say about 85% of our stuff is in the new place, and so only the loose ends of packing up small stuff at the old house and cleaning it out, and then the equally arduous process of unpacking and putting things in order remains. 

But we already have our floor-to-ceiling wall of books up and running, which was both practical and fanciful - it got about 20 boxes out of the way, but it also allows Court to feel as if she were in Manhattan, or at least the classy part of Brooklyn. We politely declined Karen's offer to stand outside our window and shout something about walking, and how she was doing it. Here. 

Thanks to Nate, Pete, and Karen for all your help today in packing and moving. While this was Nate hitting me back for helping him move at least four times already - Ajax to Montrose; Montrose to Ajax; Ajax to Beverley; Beverley to Borden - Pete and Karen upped the friendship ante and insured that when they move out of their current place at some point, if I am on the continent and still have the use of my limbs, that I'm legally bound to help them. Well played, neighbours. I'll see you in Hell...

And the largest benefit so far to having a new place with Court? Blogging on an unlocked wireless network located somewhere in our neighbourhood at midnight in my underpants. Aaahhh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home