Oh hello, I didn't see you there. Welcome to the world of 125 Borden St. in the heart of the Annex, home of the world's first Squong championship. Our cheif exports include questionable living standards, flashless pictures of house parties, and Andrew's (We used to have two...)

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Blowin' Smoke


I was on my way to hockey the other day at Main Street and Gerard Street East - damn near in Scarborough - when a girl a bit younger than me lit up a smoke in front of me at the subway stop. People who have been around smokers, or been caught behind them on the sidewalk, know the distinctive smell of a freshly lit smoke and how it feels like its tearing your esophagus a new asshole. She then blew a huge amount of smoke in my face without knowing it...

I got wondering about scenarios, something I do to pass the time. They usually involve me being much more belligerent, or righteous, or courageous than I actually am - righting a wrong, telling someone what I think about a behavioural trait of theirs, et cetera. Then I wondered if I told this girl she had blown smoke in my face, and she then proceeded to blow smoke intentionally into my face, if an acceptable reaction to this - if retaliation can even be seen as acceptable - would be to spit on her.

Is that tit for tat, or has that gone too far? Is that close enough to Jay-Z's "If you kill my dog, Im'a kill yo' cat?" If someone blows smoke in your face, and you're not a smoker and can't do something equally disgusting and rude without physically assaulting them, is spitting on them an equivalent reaction? Is spitting on someone physical assault?

I don't know - jury's still out on this one. Again - Andrew of my scenario's might do that, but mild-mannered Andrew of this world certainly wouldn't. Real world Andrew might spit on the douchebags in the above photo, though - thank you Google Images for bringing these turds to my attention. Too bad I'm not the Hulk...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home