Oh hello, I didn't see you there. Welcome to the world of 125 Borden St. in the heart of the Annex, home of the world's first Squong championship. Our cheif exports include questionable living standards, flashless pictures of house parties, and Andrew's (We used to have two...)

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Overheard at the IGA in Coboconk, ON

16 Year Old Local IGA Staff Member: I'm sorry, ma'am, but your debit card isn't working. Would you like me to try again, or do you have a credit card you could use...or cash?

Snooty, Middle-Aged Torontonian Woman From Rosedale or Forrest Hill: What? My debit card has worked in London, it has worked in Paris, Amsterdam, and it has worked in Rome. I dont see any reason why it shouldn't work here.

16 Year Old Local IGA Staff Member: *stares blankly...says nothing...tries again*

This is the kind of stuff that makes me hate wealth - and, sometimes, living in Toronto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home