Oh hello, I didn't see you there. Welcome to the world of 125 Borden St. in the heart of the Annex, home of the world's first Squong championship. Our cheif exports include questionable living standards, flashless pictures of house parties, and Andrew's (We used to have two...)

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Overheard In The Building Above My Work

The Scene: two young women, mid-twenties, dressed in overly-classy business casual wear, walking down the hallway from their building towards the carpark. They were not unattractive, but had probably spent two-thirds of their day working on attaining their respective looks.

As I pass them by I hear:

Girl #1: I don't know. I don't know if this is too slutty or not. (Referring to her own attire.)

Girl #2: No, it's totally not. The rule for work attire is that if you're going to show cleavage, you can't wear a short skirt, like what I'm wearing. And if you're going to wear a short skirt, then you probably shouldn't show too much boob. Then it would be too slutty. So no - you're fine.

Girl #1: Oh, ok - if that's the rule. (Emphasis added.)

Ladies - is that the rule? And if your friend makes it up and says it's the rule, are you obligated to believe them? To be honest, I don't think Girl #1 needed all that jazz about rules, though I'm sure it made her feel better - she just wanted to hear she wasn't dressed like a slut. Which she wasn't, but I wasn't going to wade into that.

Insert creepy stranger -

Creepy Stranger #1: If I may? I wouldn't worry. I think you've got a classy leg-to-cleavage ratio happening. Not too much boob for the amount of leg you're showing off. It's working for you, so I'd go with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home