Oh hello, I didn't see you there. Welcome to the world of 125 Borden St. in the heart of the Annex, home of the world's first Squong championship. Our cheif exports include questionable living standards, flashless pictures of house parties, and Andrew's (We used to have two...)

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

First Day @ LAC

LAC is the short form for the Library and Archives of Canada, by the way.

So I forgot my camera to start the day, which was a bad way to begin. Everyone had camera's, and the scanner I brought is good, but loud: and the room I'm in is as quiet as a crypt. So a whirling and buzzing scanner seemed more like an annoyance to those around me than a fantastic study aid.

All went well - I've got more stuff ordered for tomorrow, two lockers with boxes in them full of text documents that I'll photograph tomorrow afternoon, and a list of what needles in those boxes of needles I need to pay attention to. Which is key. Had an expensive lunch at the Cafeteria at LAC, so I'll be packing a lunch tomorrow fo' sho'. 

I realized as well that the Cafeteria was really familiar in a shabby kind of way, and then I remembered that when I was in Katimavik, stationed in Rockland, ON, just outside of Ottawa, that we came into the Archives one day for a volunteering thing to package together ten commemorative hockey cards into a plastic bag that LAC was giving out at an event. They needed something like 10,000 of these packs, and our asshole Project Leader signed us up for it. And we spent the entire day in that same Cafeteria packing hockey cards for the reward of...? You guessed it - a pack or two of our very own to take home with us.

I'm gonna check out Paris: 1919 the Documentary by the NFB tonight for free at the Archives. It's only other showing for the next while is at Cannes, Hot Docs, and a film festival in Tel Aviv. And since it's free, and the book was amazing, I guess I kinda have to check it out.

I'll let you all ('cause I know there are oh-so-many out there) how it is...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home