Oh hello, I didn't see you there. Welcome to the world of 125 Borden St. in the heart of the Annex, home of the world's first Squong championship. Our cheif exports include questionable living standards, flashless pictures of house parties, and Andrew's (We used to have two...)

Thursday, August 21, 2008

MEC Presents: Tour de Greenbelt


Ready. Set. Meander! They had me hooked just with their slogan! So - who's in?

I won't be able to participate in the ride on September 20th or the 21st because it's Courtney's birthday on the 20th and we'll probably be doing something that day, but the rides the following weekend seem like fun down in Southern Ontario.

If anyone is interested just let me know - I might see about driving down there for at least one of them, but I don't know which one yet. And if anyone is interested in coming along, I would defintiely have room for a few people to come with. I might need to buy a bike rack, though, for the van.

As to the route: any thoughts? There is the 65km point-to-point Burlington to St. Catherine's trail on Saturday, September 27th and the 30 km looped route around Niagara-on-the-Lake on Sunday, September 28th. Registration for each day is $30 and includes food and activities and shuttles and drinks, and while fundraising is completely unnecessary, any money you choose to raise is 100% donated to local biking groups to help keep biking trails in good repair. So I can get behind that...

Check out the full details here at the Tour de Greenbelt website. This seems like an amazing idea, and leave it to MEC to organize the whole thing.

3 Comments:

Blogger C. Walker said...

I want to do the niagara on the lake one....
that is my vote.

4:21 PM

 
Blogger Reever said...

That one seems nice. Its a little more manageable than the 65km one, which I'm sure would be amazing, but maybe a little too much for unseasoned cyclists...

6:35 PM

 
Blogger Reever said...

Can't do this either - on account of the super douchebag stealing my bike and all...

*sigh*

2:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home